Sunday, October 14, 2012

Don't Worry Be HAPPY


"The Constitution only guarantees the American People the right to pursue happiness. YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT YOURSELF."
-Benjamin Franklin

       I just got done watching the documentary, Happy and I strongly suggest you do so as well! I have always been a firm believer that life happens to you, the good and the bad, the happy and the sad... and that you have the choice to determine how you will react and how you will let life affect you. While watching this documentary I started thinking and asking myself... "What is something that truly makes me 100% happy?"

      I feel, that most of you know me pretty well... I enjoy my family, I have a great supportive group of friends, I have a wonderful job, an abundance of food to eat, a roof over my head, transportation, etc. And while all of those things make me happy in some way I have never been more happy than I am when I am with this guy...

       As a family I don't think anyone is ever prepared to have someone with different abilities (my favorite wording) enter their life. The unknown is scary...I was 12 when Zachary was born, I was aware of what Down Syndrome was and knew that Zachary would be different for the rest of his life, but for some reason it never scared me...I had an immediate connection with Zach, one that I can't even explain. The love I have and feel for him is unlike any I have ever experienced...and I'm pretty sure he feels the same ;)! When he and I are together I feel complete. I know why God put Zachy Conner in my life and that was to give my life direction...I honestly feel everything I do in some way is for Zach. He is the person and thing that truly make me 100% happy! So, I leave you with a question...What/Whom is the thing that truly makes you happy? Have a great week!



2 comments:

  1. That's excellent Shanda....just excellent. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post :) Don't know why I'm just now seeing this!

    ReplyDelete